Developing confidence in feline practice - Dealing with the dyspnoeic cat
About the course
Speaker: Martha Cannon VetMB BA DSAM (feline) MRCVS
Fees: BSAVA Member £200 Inc VAT
Non Member £300 Inc VAT
Dyspnoea is a common presenting sign in cats being the end result of a wide range of clinical problems. The dyspnoeic cat represents a genuine emergency, and they must be handled with great care to prevent a fatal outcome.
This course will run through emergency management of the dyspnoeic cat including clinical examination techniques and respiratory pattern analysis to reach rapid categorisation of cause.
- Be familiar with the potential causes of dyspnoea in cats
- Know how to deal with the dyspnoeic cat to prevent a bad situation from getting worse
- Safe approaches to investigation: when to sedate and with what.
- Be confident in interpreting diagnostic findings for the common causes of dyspnoea in cats
- Approaches to treatment of the common causes of dyspnoea in cats