About the course
This CPD course is for the cattle vet practitioner who wants to improve their understanding of bovine foot problems and develop skills for dealing with troublesome cases and lameness scenarios. We use a combination of cadaver feet (from old cull cows, so plenty of lesions) and live animals for our training with plenty of opportunity for questions and answers.
As with all Embryonics courses, this is hands-on, and we want you to use the
opportunity to come away with new practical skills you can immediately use back in practice. Subjects to include
- Regional anaesthesia of the digit; consistently successful IVRAs
- Digit amputation: 3 different methods; pros, cons, case selection, aftercare, optimising outcomes.
- Alternatives to amputation, curettage, joint fenestration, radical resection, retroarticular abscess lavage
- Interdigital growths, when and how to remove
- Toe ulcers, toe necrosis, non-healing sole ulcers and white line lesions
- Digital dermatitis; latest thoughts and best practice for control