A series of 7 videos with Abby Caine covering advanced abdominal ultrasound.
***The cost of this course (£35 + VAT) also includes unlimited access to vet-ecpd.com for 1 full month, allowing you to view hundreds of hours of certified CPD lectures on a huge variety of topics!**
This series of videos is aimed at vets in general practice who are already comfortable and competent with general abdominal ultrasound and would like to take their skills to the next level.
It covers how to perform a more thorough ultrasound examination of the abdomen, including the peritoneum, lymph nodes, adrenal glands and the pancreas and what changes may be seen in the diseased state. There is also an introduction to the use of 2D and doppler and their use on the greater abdominal vessels, as well as indications and techniques for performing ultrasound guided biopsies.
Topics covered include:
- The full abdominal ultrasound, including peritoneum and lymph nodes
- Further examination of the gastrointestinal tract
- Locating the normal pancreas and the adrenals
- Examining the great abdominal vessels on 2D and with Doppler
- How and what to take as biopsies