About the course
This course will help you to get started in both thoracic and abdominal ultrasound scanning. Seminars are combined with extensive, guided hands-on scanning sessions on both days. You'll learn scanning skills that you can use directly on your patients, and refine them under the supervision of experienced and approachable tutors.
Develop your scanning skills with hands-on help when you come on this course.
What you'll learn:
- How to choose ultrasound machines and probes
- How to spot artefacts
- Ultrasound of the liver, spleen, urinary and genital tracts
- How to recognise commonly encountered conditions
- A standard protocol for examination of the heart
- Basic parameters of cardiac disease and how to assess them, including wall thickness, chamber dimension and fractional shortening
Dave Dickson BVetMed CertAVP(VC) MRCVS
Andrew Parry MA VetMB CertVDI DipECVDI MRCVS