About the course
This practical based workshop is designed to enhance the knowledge and skill needed to deal with one of the commonest emergency cased encountered in LA work ‘Obstetrical Emergencies’. Famers are very proficient dealing with their own calving cows. The workshop is designed to help you to be able to deliver the calf with confidence and success.
Attendees will be able to diagnose and effectively handle obstetric and other common emergency procedures in cattle.
- Calving – malpresentation
- Calving – relative foetal oversize
- Calving – uterine torsion
- Caesarean section
- Uterine Trauma/Bleeding
- Uterine prolapse
- Toxic mastitis / shock / septicaemia
- Metabolic collapse – Ca, Mg, Acid/Base imbalance