About the course
Small animals with chronic pain present with complex or multiple problems. Pain varies considerably depending on the underlying cause and may also be affected by the patient's lifestyle. Improved owner education has increased awareness, and many owners are keen to do all that they can to prevent or minimise their pet's ongoing pain. Interest in complementary therapies is also very high amongst owners. On this course we'll cover current topics in chronic pain management and help you to develop strategies for effective pain control in cases that you're likely to see in your practice.
What you'll learn:
- Pathophysiology of chronic pain -what you need to know
- Can we minimise or influence the development of chronic pain?
- How to recognise the chronic pain case
- Your tools for monitoring treatment
- How to develop a strategy for drug therapy in chronic pain
- Incorporating acupuncture into your chronic pain management schedules
Tutor: Matt Gurney BVSc CertVA DipECVAA MRCVS