About the course
You’ll have plenty of opportunity to develop and fine-tune your echocardiography skills during this highly practical two day course.
Suitable for those who have some echocardiography experience such as certificate candidates or holders, those who have attended the Introduction to Cardiac Ultrasound course, or those who simply want to remain up to date with imaging techniques and gain confidence performing echocardiography. Skills taught include pulsed wave Doppler, continuous wave Doppler, and colour flow Doppler, interspersed with theory such as how to apply the Bernoulli equation to your clinical cases.
Cardiac ultrasound machines will be provided, with an experienced, approachable course tutor to guide you. There will be plenty of time for hands-on echocardiographic examinations, individual coaching and questions.
What you’ll learn:
- Get to grips with ultrasound machines, probes and standard echocardiographic images
- Hands-on practical sessions including 2D, M-mode and Doppler echocardiography
- Indications for Doppler echocardiography
- When, why and how to assess systolic function and diastolic function
- Diagnosis of congenital and acquired cardiac conditions
Course Tutor: Emily Dutton BVM&S DVC MRCVS