About the course
This course will give you the knowledge and practical skills that you need to confidently manage more common medical emergencies in your practice. We will develop your decision-making skills as we work through clinical case examples. The 'hands-on' practical component in this session will enable you to practise essential techniques in a relaxed learning environment.
What you'll learn:
- Optimal management of patients with diabetic ketoacidosis
- How to identify and manage dogs with hypoadrenocorticism
- Blood transfusion therapy - how it should be done
- Enteral nutrition - why, when and how?
- How to perform pericardiocentesis safely and effectively
- Thoracic cavity disease - sampling and draining
- How to place oesophagostomy tubes, naso-oesophageal tubes, central venous catheters and thoracic drains.
Course Tutor: Nick Bexfield BVetMed PhD DSAM DipECVIM-CA AFHEA MRCVS