About the course
Veterinary medicine has developed rapidly and there is so much that we are able to do to investigate and treat disease. Therefore, particularly in referral medicine, pet owners can be facing necessarily large veterinary bills to ensure their pet gets the best care possible. But what about those owners who want to do their best but are tightly restricted by financial constraints?
On this course we will discuss how best to approach common medical scenarios on a budget, using structured problem solving and targeted diagnostics to do our best in the face of monetary limitations.
What you'll learn:
- A general approach to financially restricted problem solving
- Triage and emergency care without fancy tools
- Approach to anorexia, vomiting and diarrhoea
- Working up the pyrexic patient
- Managing anaemia
- Endocrine disease on a shoestring
- Oncology - empirical palliative therapy
Course Tutor: Paul Higgs MA VetMB CertSAM DipECVIM-CA MRCVS