About the course
Seven simple steps are the key to efficient and effective consultations. Whilst these principles are the same for vets and nurses, the unique challenges and role requirements experienced by veterinary nurses are reflected in this nurse-only CPD day.
'Nurse Consulting - making it happen' is ideal for any nurse who is currently consulting, as well as anybody looking to start. Topics covered include:
- How to get started - overcoming predictable barriers
- What to do in the consult room - recognising your boundaries as a VN and staying within RCVS guidelines
- The 7 Steps Consult model - using the OSCE consult process (Objective Structured Clinical Examination) so that owners can see and feel its value
- How to get your vets to refer appropriate cases
- Coaching others - top tips to help you train your colleagues