Transfusion Traumas | How to treat your bleeding and anaemic patients - Liverpool
Provided by Vets Now Ltd
About the course
This inclusive programme from Vets Now — which is open to vets and vet nurses — coincides with the 10th anniversary of Pet Blood Bank UK and focuses on transfusion traumas. Whether you work in a daytime practice or emergency and critical care, you’ll definitely learn from this exciting and interactive CPD.
This not-to-be-missed event offers:
- six hours of diverse CPD
- topics delivered by renowned specialists in ECC, including Amanda Boag and Tobias Grave
- guest lectures from Pet Blood Bank UK
- delegates will receive a voucher for free blood products worth over £200
The keynote speech will be delivered by Kerry Doolin BSc BVSc MVetMed MRCVS, Referral Clinician in Emergency & Critical Care.
Presentations at the event will include:
- does my patient need blood?
- blood products – what is available?
- making transfusions safe – typing and cross matching
- feline transfusions – what are the options?
- plasma – how and when to use?
- an interactive case study
Price £75 + VAT
Price for Member Practices & Vets Now staff £50 + VAT
As well as 6 hours of CPD the price includes tea & coffee on arrival, a hot buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day.