Transfusion Traumas | How to treat your bleeding and anaemic patients - Durham
Provided by Vets Now Ltd
About the course
This inclusive programme from Vets Now — which is open to vets and vet nurses — coincides with the 10th anniversary of Pet Blood Bank UK and focuses on transfusion traumas. Whether you work in a daytime practice or emergency and critical care, you’ll definitely learn from this exciting and interactive CPD.
This not-to-be-missed event offers:
- six hours of diverse CPD
- topics delivered by renowned specialists in ECC, including Amanda Boag and Tobias Grave
- guest lectures from Pet Blood Bank UK
- delegates will receive a voucher for free blood products worth over £200
The keynote speech will be delivered by Daniel Lewis VetMB MA CertVA DACVECC DECVECC MRCVS, American, European and RCVS Recognised Specialist in Emergency and Critical Care.
Presentations at the event will include:
- does my patient need blood?
- blood products – what is available?
- making transfusions safe – typing and cross matching
- feline transfusions – what are the options?
- plasma – how and when to use?
- an interactive case study
Price £75 + VAT
Price for Member Practices & Vets Now staff £50 + VAT
As well as 6 hours of CPD the price includes tea & coffee on arrival, a hot buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day.