About the course
Endocrine disease is a common presentation in cats seen in first opinion practices across the county. This day aims to look at the most common endocrinopathies, their presentation and treatments as well as those that are seen more rarely.
- 09.00 – 09.45: Feline Diabetes Mellitus remission and diet (Sophie Keyte and Aarti Kathriani)
- 10.00 - 10.45: Feline Acromegaly (Sophie Keyte)
- 10.45 - 11.30: Tea/coffee
- 11.30 - 12.15: Feline hyperthyroidism (Angie Hibbert)
- 12.15 - 13.30: Lunch
- 13.30 - 14.30: Uncommon endocrinopathies – hyperadrenocorticism, hypoadrenocorticism and hyperaldosteronism (Severine Tasker)
- 14.30 - 15.00: Tea/coffee
- 15.00 - 16.00: Emergency and Critical Care- Diabetic Ketoacidosis + hyperglycemic hyperosmolar syndrome (Caroline Smith)
- 16.00 - 17.00: Approach to hypercalcemia + management (Chris Maunder and Aarti Kathrani)
- 17.00 - 17.30: Case studies: Sarah Spencer
Lunch and refreshments provided.