About the course
The most comprehensive modular medicine programme covering all of the major body systems
Our Small Animal Medicine PgC programme has been designed to be spread over two years. This programme now includes twenty modules, five containing practical components:
NEW: Practical Modules
Cytology – learn how to examine your own aspirates in-house for a faster diagnosis Diagnostic Imaging – practise hands-on abdominal ultrasonography Emergency Medicine – spend two hours in the wet-lab perfecting critical care techniques Dermatology – improve your diagnostics on this microscope based module Ophthalmology – focus on the practical examination of the canine eye
The programme is delivered using a combination of face to face and online learning, practical skills training and eight case-based webinars.
Our Medicine PgC programme will help you to transform your practice life:
- Achieve not only a Postgraduate Certificate (PgC) but also a General Practitioner Certificate (GPCert)
- The PgC is a recognised higher education qualification which represents Master Level 7 and provides 60 transferable academic credits
- Qualify towards attaining the RCVS Advanced Practitioner Status
- On successful attainment of the GPCert(SAM) candidates will be awarded a personalised certificate and their name will be included in the ESVPS register of General Practitioner Certificate holders
- Increase your skills, knowledge and confidence in dealing with more complex cases and accelerate diagnosis
- Reduce the need for external referrals and increase your practice’s capabilities
In addition, a dedicated Programme Tutor will provide support throughout the entire programme ensuring you are well placed for your examination.
Attendance on the taught modules is typically once monthly on a weekday between 2pm and 8pm however, where there are case-based discussion webinars or practical sessions these times may vary.
Find out more on the website for detailed modules etc.