About the course
Registration will open at 09.30, with the course starting at 10.00. The course will finish at 16.15.
Veterinary practice in the UK is very different from other countries.
Sadly, large numbers of non-UK vets who intend to settle in the UK return to their home countries much sooner than anticipated, often because of difficulties experienced as a result of a lack of understanding of how UK veterinary practice works (Luiz Sainz-Pardo).
This course will provide non-UK vets with the knowledge and understanding needed to overcome these challenges and develop a successful career in the UK.
Our one-day course will give you a clear understanding of what both clients and employers expect, as well as teaching you simple techniques for clear and effective communication.
There will be an emphasis on working as part of a team, understanding who is responsible for what, how to delegate and how and when to offer help to others.
Finally, the course will provide you with an insight into the importance of working productively and how you can increase your value to the practice and develop your career prospects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to meet like-minded professionals, share experiences and develop relationships within the veterinary community.
The key things delegates will learn from this course are:
- What clients and employers expect of you
- Simple techniques for clear and effective communication
- How to work as part of a veterinary team including nurses, practice managers and support staff
- How to increase your productivity and value to the practice
This course is suitable for:
- Non-UK vets who are new to working in the UK
- Non-UK vets already working in the UK who are looking to develop their careers
- Non-UK vets who are considering working in the UK
- Those whose second language is English as well as non-UK vets from English speaking countries
Special offer: Non-BVA members can join BVA before 24 August and attend for free by calling 020 7908 6350