About the course
This course is suitable for any vet who wishes to become more confident when examining and treating exotic patients, as well as experienced and new graduates.
It offers a great practical component, working through some case-based scenarios which vets will encounter in practice, as well as covering commonly presented exotic mammals in addition to rabbits and rodents.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify, handle and examine common exotic mammals
- Understand the husbandry, management and feeding of common exotic mammals and how this can impact on welfare and disease
- Have knowledge of the common diseases, how to investigate and treat them
- Be confident in administering first aid, including when and how to euthanase
- Deliver safe anaesthesia and sedation
The course comprises of both instructed and group learning, including practical elements, handling of live animals and case-based learning.