About the course
Retching with a history of eating a lamb bone….Dyspnoeic after a road traffic accident…..A vascular pedicle that will not stop bleeding….All heart sinking moments for you if you work in small animal practice. However, help is on its way on this course, where we will combine current theory with handy surgical hints to help boost your confidence levels. Practical sessions will help you to successfully manage these and other stressful situations.
What you’ll learn:
- Haemostasis – how to achieve it
- Surgical drains – how to use them
- Thoracic drainage – best practice
- Oesophageal and intestinal foreign bodies – help!
- GDV and pexy techniques – keep your cool!
- Diaphragmatic rupture – how to manage
The practical sessions will incorporate:
- Representative models
Course Tutor: Chris Shales MA VetMB CertSAS DipECVS MRCVS