About the course
An interactive case based day, reviewing basic haematology, biochemistry and urinalysis. After this course, delegates will have been exposed to the haematological and biochemistry changes expected of common medical disorders.
All registrations by 13th June will be in with a chance of winning a BSAVA Clinical Pathology Manual!
This session will cover:
• Interpretation and investigation of common haematological findings including neutrophilia, anaemia and thrombocytopenia
• Interpretation of biomarkers of renal function including SDMA and urine protein:creatinine ratio
• Acute phase proteins as biomarkers of inflammatory disease - what are they and when are they useful?
• Classification of body cavity effusions and how this can help to determine the underlying cause of effusion
• Investigation of hypercoagulability disorders using thromboelastography
• Indications for additional testing in lymphoma - the utility of flow cytometry and PCR for antigen receptor rearrangements (PARR)
• When is bone marrow aspiration useful?
Speaker: Tim Williams MA VetMB PhD FRCPath DipECVCP MRCVS
Intended for: Veterinary Surgeons