About the course
Rabbit anaesthesia is one of our most requested topics so we are holding a 2 day event to delve deeper into this complex subject.
The first day will contain mix of lectures and case studies from internationally renowned specialists Dr John Chitty and Professor Ian Self as well as hearing from LagoLearn's own rabbit experts, Dr Ivan Crotaz and Jo Hinde RVN.
Day 2 hosts an array of practical training sessions to allow you to hone your skills such as blood pressure measurement, airway management and monitoring and securing intra-veneous access You'll be problem solving in small and large groups and will have the opportunity to mix and mingle with fellow delegates and experts which will allow you to pick up and share good ideas.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding rabbits to get them in the best possible health for anaesthesia; some new thoughts on nutrition and husbandry.
- Hospital care before and after anaesthesia.
- Manual and electronic anaesthesia monitoring
- Blood pressure monitoring in rabbits
- How to apply high quality companion animal anaesthesia and analgesia to rabbits.
- Drug combinations for different situations including a section on Alfaxan - the licensed drug for rabbit anaesthesia.
- Practical anaesthetic techniques: v-gel placement, safe endotracheal intubation, intravenous cannulation, blood pressure measurement
- Top tips from recognized experts
This event is suitable for all practice staff including students.
The price includes the weekend ticket, Saturday night accommodation, full day time refreshments, course notes and 12hrs CPD certificate.
Email us to book or for more information: [email protected]