A six-part series with Benito de la Puerta DVM CertSAS DipECVS MRCVS, European and RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Surgery
Brachycephalic breeds are now some of the most common breeds we see in general practice. This video series covers not only the BOAS surgical procedures but also the other challenging conditions and corrective surgeries that are commonly associated with these breeds.
Starting with pre-surgical assessment and stabilisation, the day will move on to the specific surgical procedures and how to identify what is required in each case to provide clinical improvement and a better quality of life for these patients.
Topics covered include:
- Pre-operative assessment and stabilisation
- BOAS surgeries – aplasty, palatoplasty, laryngeal sacculectomy, rhinoplasty
- Laryngeal and tracheal surgeries – including arytenoid lateralisation and tracheostomy
- Ear Surgery – total ear canal ablation (TECA)
- Skinfold resection surgery
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Emergency interventions
- Postoperative care and the recovery period.