Key Learning Objectives:
- Explain the physiology of the liver and biliary system.
- Describe available surgical options for liver lobectomy and the prognosis associated with hepatic neoplasia in the dog and cat.
- Outline the pathophysiology of hepatic abscesses and cysts.
- Discuss the pathophysiology and clinical presentation of extrahepatic biliary obstruction and gallbladder mucocele.
- Be familiar with the clinical presentation of traumatic biliary rupture and the surgical procedures required to treat it.
Includes a practical session where liver lobectomy (sutured and stapled), cholecystectomy and cholecystoduodenostomy (sutured and stapled) can be practised.