About the course
Have you ever had that sinking feeling after removing a skin mass when you have a bigger wound and much less skin to close it than expected? Or what about the open wound that should be healing but just doesn’t seem to be moving forward? This is the course that looks at the solutions for these situations. You’ll get to think through wound case studies and perform wound closures in hands-on practical sessions with specialist guidance. Highly practical course.
What you’ll learn
- Open wounds – initial management and decision-making options
- Understanding wound healing to become a ‘wound connoisseur’
- Assessing wounds – determining what the options for the easiest closure are
- Surgical oncology – removing tumours with appropriate margins
- Dealing with excessive skin tension – loosen up!
- Local flaps – advancement, rotation and transposition flaps
- Bringing in extra skin – using axial pattern flaps
- Skin grafting – when, where and how
Course Tutor Ronan Doyle MVB CertSAS DipECVS MRCVS