A nine-part video series on TPLO surgery with Filippo Martini and Duncan Midgley filmed at a practical Securos Surgical course.
Tibial plateau levelling osteotomies have become popular techniques for the treatment of canine cranial cruciate ligament disease. Whilst it is more invasive than some of the other techniques, there is some evidence that it may produce better results than other surgeries long term.
This video series covers the pathophysiology of cranial cruciate ligament disease, the biomechanics of TPLO and surgical planning.
Topics covered include:
- Biomechanics of the cruciate ligament-deficient stifle and tibial plateau levelling osteotomy
- Patient assessment and the selection of candidates for TPLO
- Pre-operative surgical planning and implant selection
- Familiarisation with and appropriate use of instrumentation
- Post-operative management of patients
- Potential complications and how to avoid and deal with them