About the course
Get on board and learn how to integrate the Feline Fear Free movement and study the most recent advanced knowledge in understanding Feline Behaviour with renowned speaker; Alexandra Taylor (The Cat Nurse)
The Feline Fear Free Handling and Behaviour Accredited CPD Course, is aimed at allVeterinary Practice Staff who want to excel at Cat Care and decrease unnecessary stress in their feline patients. With content covering both clinical and non-clinical aspects of feline veterinary care and practical tips and advice on how your practice can deliver a five star service to cat owners.
Many Cat owners are reluctant to visit the vets unless absolutely necessary, due to high levels of stress experienced by both Cats and Owners. There are many stages of the Veterinary visit that can result in fear. This course will help your practice in offering a feline friendly service, to attract new clients, retain existing clients and encourage more frequent visits.
100% Online CPD Course, taught by a mix of recorded webinars and audio visual slide presentations. With 3 Modules of comprehensive content and MCQ's for assessment, Downloadable course workbook and activities and a CPD Cert worth 7 Hours upon completion.
With the renowned speaker and popular Feline Nursing Advocate:
Alexandra Taylor RVN (The Cat Nurse) C&G Cert SAN ISFM Cert and DipFN ISFM AdCertFbeh
Unit 1: Environmental Needs of Cats
- Understanding the Cat and Fears Surrounding the Veterinary Visit
- Overview of Basic Environmental needs of Cats
- How we can provide these in Veterinary Practice
- Educating Owners on Environmental needs in the home
- Feline Social Systems and Communication
Unit 2: Feline Fear free Handling
- Stress Reduction in the Clinical Environment
- Feline Fear Free Handling Principles
- Educating Clients on Feline Travelling and Post Hospital Re Introduction
Unit 3: Common Feline Behaviour Problems
- Understanding Feline Behaviour
- Overview of Behavioural Welfare
- House Soiling
- Feline Idiopathic Cystitis
- Multi-Cat Households