About the course
Taking rabbit anaesthesia beyond triple combos! Top UK specialists in anaesthesia, analgesia and rabbit medicine will help you apply up to date protocols to this tricky species. This course will be taught in small and medium sized groups to allow lots of contact with our teachers. The course will include a strong practical element, lectures and practical case based problem solving.
Our external speakers for this event are Molly Varga BVetMed DZooMed MRCVS, Ian Self BVSc PGCert Vet Ed FHEA CertVA DipECVAA MRCVS and Mike Brampton. Jo Hinde RVN and Ivan Crotaz MRCVS from LagoLearn will be teaching our practical skills lab.
We will be teaching with our normal mix of lectures, practical training and case based problem solving. Group sizes will be kept down to allow more contact with your teachers (although there's space to lurk at the back if you're not feeling brave!). You will receive full lecture notes and CPD certificate after the event.
Amongst other things we will be covering:
- Understanding rabbits to get them in the best possible health for anaesthesia.
- Hospital care before and after anaesthesia.
- Manual and electronic anaesthesia monitoring - how to use and interpret monitors to help your patients.
- How to apply high quality companion animal anaesthesia and analgesia to rabbits.
- Drug combinations for different situations including a section on Alfaxan - which will soon be the licenced drug for rabbit anaesthesia.
- Practical anaesthetic techniques: v-gel placement, safe endotracheal intubation, intravenous cannulation, blood pressure measurement
- Case studies to discuss protocols for vet and nurse teams for different case presentations
We are hosting the event at the historic New Hall Hotel to give you a great day of CPD - with free parking, non-stop refreshments, breakfast and lunch and a fantastic view ... hopefully with some wild rabbits. The New Hall Hotel is situated just to the North East of Birmingham with excellent access from the motorway and only 12 miles from Birmingham International airport.