About the course
On this course, we’ll look at how you can use physiotherapy in your practice. By working from first principles, we’ll take you through tissue response to injury and how various physiotherapy techniques can manipulate this response to promote tissue repair and return to function. We’ll cover basic examination techniques along with outcome assessment and development of clinical reasoning, plus a brief overview of physiotherapy techniques, focusing on those that you can integrate into your first opinion practice. We’ll show you how the veterinary surgeon, veterinary nurse and physiotherapist come together to ensure the best possible functional outcome for your patients.
What you’ll learn:
- How does physiotherapy work in practice?
- An introduction into physiotherapy techniques
- Physiotherapy in the operating theatre
- How physiotherapy can aid management of canine osteoarthritis?
- How to integrate physiotherapy safely into your practice
- How your patients will benefit
Course Tutor: Lowri Davies BVSc MRCVS CCRP Cert Vet Acup CCRP