About the course
Melanie Hezzell MA VetMB PhD CertVDI CertVC FHEA MRCVS DipACVIM (Cardiology) RCVS and American Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology Senior Lecturer in Cardiology, University of Bristol
Early bird Member £204 (including VAT)
Standard Member £239 (including VAT)
Non-member NA £399 (including VAT)
Early bird rate applies to bookings made more than eight weeks in advance of the course date.
Registration will open at 09.30, with the course starting at 10.00. The course will finish at 16.00.
It isn’t a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and it isn’t a textbook presentation so what do you about the murmur you’ve just heard? Or perhaps the identification of an arrhythmia sends your own heart rate rocketing at the thought of interpreting an ECG?
This course focuses on the most common cardiac presentations seen every day in first opinion practice with a particular focus on myxomatous mitral valve disease (MMVD), dilated cardiomyopathy and congenital heart disease. Case based discussion will allow you to test what you’ve learnt and ensure your understanding with the course tutor, before you give your next cardiac case the benefit of your newly acquired knowledge on the latest medical, interventional and surgical options for therapy.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Use a logical, step-by-step approach to your clinical examination and diagnostic plan in cardiac patients
• Stage your MMVD patients to identify those requiring immediate treatment to slow disease progression
• Diagnose dilated cardiomyopathy and offer the most appropriate treatment to your patients
• Confidently approach ECG interpretation and select suitable antiarrhythmic medications
• Recognise patients with congenital heart disease and guide your clients through their treatment options.
Please note - if you want to book three courses for the price of two please call Jessica Wachtel on 020 7908 6336.