About the course
Musculoskeletal Dissection of the Horse and Dog
This practical one–day hands-on Masterclass course will focus on the dissection of the MSK system of the horse and dog. Clinical relevance and biomechanics will be integrated into the teaching as a series of short lectures to break the dissection into sections. Delegates will have access to the dissection facilities together with museum specimens.
22nd August 2017
Topics to be covered include:
• Appendicular and axial MSK systems, dog.
• Appendicular MSK systems, horse
By the end of the course the delegates should have an understanding and ability in the following areas:
• Relate surface anatomy to the underlying features.
• Critically relate MSK anatomy to clinical cases and biomechanics.
• Perform an ordered dissection of the MSK system of horses and dogs.
• Describe the biomechanical adaptions for cursorial specialisation.
Required Delegate Attributes:
This course is designed for veterinary nurses and allied animal health care and therapy professionals.