Anaesthesia Challenges in Everyday Practice
A series of six videos with Claire Roberts Dip AVN(Surg) PGCertVetAA VNCertECC RVN.
Anaesthesia is a daily occurrence in practice and often can be approached in a fairly routine manner. Some cases require far more consideration and planning than others, however. This video series looks at some of the specific challenges that we are often faced with, and how best to approach them in terms of anaesthetic induction, maintenance and recovery period. The latter can often be the most susceptible time for some of the more vulnerable patients.
Topics to be covered include:
- The geriatric patient – the importance of pre-GA testing and assessment
- The caesarean section – pre-medications and foetal considerations
- The endocrine patient – considerations of altered metabolism and unstable patients
- The septic abdomen – anaesthesia in the face of an unstable haemodynamic state
- The brachycephalic patient – pre and post-op complications and how to avoid them
- Rabbit anaesthesia and the unique challenges they pose
***The cost of this course £45 also includes unlimited access to vet-ecpd.com for 1 full month, allowing you to view hundreds of hours of certified CPD lectures on a huge variety of topics!** Pay Per View Options Available too!