About the course
The small animal nutrition advisor course provides an unbiased approach for those members of staff with a particular interest in the importance of correct nutrition for your patients and wanting a more in depth knowledge of the Pet Food Industry.
The importance of Canine and Feline nutrition is often overlooked or misunderstood. Owners’ increasingly question and investigate alternative diets for their pets. Our role in practice must be to support choices for these clients and ensure diets are balanced to meet the individual pets needs.
Nutrition involves a lot more than choosing the appropriate diet from the shelves. A deeper understanding of how nutrition effects health, disease and life stages will improve your confidence in talking around nutritional based questions. Also includes advice and discussions on the hot topic of Raw Feeding, the Right and Wrong approach in practice, so you will feel equipped with knowledge to answer client queries.
Your clients will be better informed, more able to provide a healthy life style for their pets and have an improved relationship with the practice.
Inc. Lunch, Refreshments, CPD Accredited Certificate of attendance and course manual/notes.
Unit 1: The Pet food Industry
- Types of Pet Food and Owners Choice
- The Legal Aspect
- Energy Requirements for Optimal Health and Calculations
- Diet Selection for Life Stages and Marketing Concepts
Unit 2: Inspection and Analysis of Pet Foods
- Whole Food
- Processed Foods
- Species Appropriate Nutrition – Getting it Right
- Ensuring Adequate Nutritional Intake
Unit 3: Feeding for Health Conditions
- Common Nutritional Diseases and Dietary Management
- Appetite Stimulation and Special Feeding for Inpatients
- Prescription Diet Alternatives
- Running a Successful Nutrition Clinic
For further information and to check availability on this course, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit and book on our website
Tel: 01286 512246