About the course
Practical Mastitis Control Seminar
12th to 14th September 2017 - Gloucester, England
Tutors; Peter Edmondson & Roger Blowey
In the 25 years that we have been running this seminar, over 700 vets and industry people have attended from all over the world
- Practical mastitis problem solving skills, that’s what it’s all about
- Confidence so you can solve cell count and clinical mastitis problems
- Mastitis theory a thorough understanding of mastitis and how it’s controlled
- Two farm visits – environment, milking routines and two ‘parlour quizzes!’
- Two problem herds that you will resolve in groups, putting theory into practice
- Selective Dry Cow Therapy, green bedding, cluster flushing, PCR testing etc.
- Milking machine. How it works and affects mastitis. Finding your way around
- Marketing your services and generate work and revenue, & lots more!!
This is what some of the 2016 delegates said about the course;
- The most valuable and enjoyable CPD I have ever attended
- Educational, engaging, enthusiastic, entertaining
- A fun and interactive way to learn loads
- Very interactive and very practical
- Outstanding, content brilliantly presented and entertaining throughout
Places: Limited to 18
Mastitis theory and epidemiology, including milking machine function are discussed in detail. During the two farm visits, one of which is during milking, delegates will familiarise themselves with the milking machine, learn how to carry out simple tests and understand how the machine interacts with udder health, and assess housing and environment.
There will be a detailed close up appraisal of two herds where participants will have ample opportunity for practical work. The seminar is presented in a practical format that involves discussions amongst all participants.
2017 MASTITIS SEMINAR COSTS & BOOKING FORM Tuition fee: GBP £930.00 (GBP £775 + VAT of GBP £155.00) to include the course, farm visits, lunches, teas and coffees and hotel facilities. VAT has to be charged for all people, even outside the EU Hotel costs: Residential rate is GBP £196.00 (inc. 20% VAT) to include dinner, bed and breakfast for the Tuesday & Wednesday nights. For those who wish to stay the night before (Monday 11th), bed and breakfast is GBP £78.00 (inc. 20% VAT).