About the course
29th November 2019
The skill set for successful neurological examination of the cat is very different from the dog – and so are many of the diseases that cause brain, spinal cord or neuromuscular disease in this species.
This course covers the challenge of feline neurology. Starting with a review of the feline focused neurological examination and key points in history taking before moving on to cover the latest updates on diagnosis and treatment of feline neurology and the correct approach and work up when presented with ataxia, weakness and seizures. Case based examples will be used throughout and delegates are encouraged to bring any appropriate cases for discussion.
Topics to be covered include:
- A general approach to feline neurological conditions (history taking, neurological examination and interpretation)
- Feline age associated cognitive dysfunction
- Feline epilepsy and seizures
- The cat with pelvic limb ataxia
- The weak cat – neuromuscular dysfunction
- Feline infectious disease which affects the nervous system