About the course
This Accredited Online CPD Course looks at ways you can provide Gold Standard Bereavement Support for your Clients and the Veterinary Team
Do you have a passion for fully supporting your clients through the loss of their pet?
Euthanasia is the second highest most performed procedure in practice and over 80% of pets will end their life in this way. We know that client attrition is high after Pet Bereavement. Typical client losses are between 15 and 20%. Many clients unfortunately cannot face revisiting the practice where their pet was Euthanased, due to overwhelming feelings of profound loss and guilt, not resolution and healing. Providing more proactive compassionate care and having a deeper understanding of the bereavement stages and how this manifests in our clients, will help to prevent this emotional trauma and the resulting client loss.
This accredited CPD course will cover the skills required to fully support Pet Owners, Yourself and the whole Veterinary Team during the difficult Euthanasia and Bereavement stages. The Course tutor has over 17 Years experience working in Veterinary Practice and is a fully qualified and highly respected Pet Bereavement Counsellor.
Upon completion of this Online course, you will receive a Pet Bereavement Support Advisor Lapel Badge along with your CPD Certificate worth 7-Hours.
This 3 Module fully Online course is crammed full of informative content and taught by a mix of Recorded Webinars, Audio Visual Presentations, Videos, MCQ's, Downloadable Workbook and Activities and CPD Cert worth 7 Hours upon completion. With full Tutor Support.
Click on the following link, to View the Free Trial and watch the Tutor describe what you can expect to learn on this course.
Only £99 and up to 12 months to complete.
Contact [email protected] if you have any questions or you would like us to invoice your practice.
Unit 1: The Client Journey: Providing Exceptional End-of-Life Support
- Providing exceptional End-of-Life support
- Looking at different types of bond and how we can relate these to our clients.
- How to adapt our care and understanding with our clients who have special needs.
Unit 2: How the Veterinary Team can Help?
- The Important Role of the Pet Bereavement and Loss Advisor in Practice
- Counselling and Emotional Support Skills
- Assessing Client Support Needs,Make Client Support Exceptional
- Guidance on Effective Communication and listening at this sensitive time. What to Say and What not to Say
- Supporting each other and managing Compassion Fatigue
- How to Approach the Subject of Payment with Sensitivity at this Time
- Remembrance, Rituals and Client Support Resources Available
Unit 3: Grief and the Bereavement Process
- Understand the 5 Stages of Grief.
- A Detailed look at different types of Grief and how to identify these in our clients.
- Children and Pet Loss
- Grief in Surviving Pets
- The Elderly and Pet Loss