About the course
This highly practical course aims to give delegates the confidence to perform diagnostic echocardiography in practice. Delegates will learn how to achieve the standard echocardiographic views in dogs as well as giving an overview of the echocardiographic changes seen in common acquired and congenital cardiac diseases in the dog and cat.
The first day will focus on machine set up, common artefact, 2D and M-mode studies. The second day will cover more advanced features of echocardiography such as Doppler studies and evaluation of myocardial function. The course will have a large practical component and at the end of the two days candidates should feel confident to achieve the standard echocardiographic views on the right and left side, perform M-mode and Doppler studies in a variety of dogs.
Numerous examples of common diseases such as valvular endocardiosis, dilated cardiomyopathy and feline cardiomyopathies will be reviewed and examples of congenital diseases such as pulmonic stenosis, patent ductus arteriosus, and ventricular septal defects will also be discussed.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED INCLUDE:
- How to set up your ultrasound machine to get the best image
- Standard echocardiographic views and useful measurements to make a diagnosis
- Learn how to use Doppler echocardiography
- Identify the typical echocardiographic changes seen in common acquired and congenital cardiac disease
- The high practical component of the course will ensure that candidates will leave feeling confident about achieving the same views in their own practice
**Due to the highly practical nature of this course, please contact us if you are unable to bring a dog along with you on this course**