About the course
This one day practical course provides an introduction to feline rhinoscopy and upper respiratory tract endoscopic exam. Upper respiratory tract disease in cats can be a common frustrating clinical scenario with waxing and waning non-specific signs. These techniques can be a valuable tool in narrowing down the list of differential diagnoses and achieving a better clinical resolution for these cases. Short theory based lectures will be followed by cadaver based practical sessions allowing delegates the time to become familiar with these procedures under the guidance of the lecturer.
Topics to be covered include:
- Indications for upper respiratory tract endoscopy in the cat – picking your cases
- Instrumentation – selection and setup
- Rostral rhinoscopy – technique and biopsy collection
- Nasopharyngeal examination with flexible bronchoscope
- Cadaver based practical sessions