About the course
Central CPD is delighted to be partnering with Securos Orthopaedic Institute to provide this course.
Tibial plateau levelling osteotomies have become popular techniques for the treatment of canine cranial cruciate ligament disease. Whilst it is more invasive than some of the other techniques, there is some evidence that it may produce better results than other surgeries long term.
This highly practical, one and a half day, cadaver based course will start with a morning session on the pathophysiology of cranial cruciate ligament disease, the biomechanics of TPLO and surgical planning. In addition, there will be an opportunity to practice planning using digital imaging software. The afternoon and following morning sessions will focus on familiarity with the instrumentation and an opportunity to practice the technique in a dry lab as well as on cadavers.
Topics to be covered include:
- Biomechanics of the cruciate ligament deficient stifle and tibial plateau levelling osteotomy
- Patient assessment and the selection of candidates for TPLO
- Pre-operative surgical planning and implant selection
- Familiarisation with and appropriate use of instrumentation
- Post-operative management of patients
- Potential complications and how to avoid and deal with them
- Practice of the surgical technique taught in a dry lab and wet lab
(Second day starts at 8.30am finsishing at approx. 12.oopm)
COURSE DATE: Thursday 9th May 2019 & Friday 10th May 2019
COURSE TIME: 9.00am - 6.00pm
LECTURER:Duncan Midgley and Prof. Filippo Martini
PRICE:£1,400.00 + VAT