About the course
New for 2019
This one-day course will allow you to extend your knowledge of small animal cardiology to enable you to work confidently with experienced veterinary cardiologists.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Advance the role of the cardiology nurse in your clinic through client education:
- Diet and exercise
- SRR, compliance
- Recognition of drugs side effects
- Approach cardiac emergencies confidently- stabilising and monitoring the acute cardiac patient
- Undertake effective cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Understand the basic principles of echocardiography – 2D, M-mode and Doppler
- Perform advanced ECG techniques:
- 6 vs 12 leads
- Holter and Event recorders
- Discuss current trends in cardiac therapy through your understanding of treatment strategies
- Assist with interventional cardiology:
- PDA occlusion
This course includes notes, refreshments during the day and a buffet lunch.
If you would like to book this course or find out more please contact us on 01793 759159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.