About the course
During this course, suitable for both vets and nurses, we will consider the relationship between physical and emotional health and the potential for distress to play a part in the aetiology of certain medical conditions, such as feline idiopathic cystitis (FIC). The role of pain in behavioural presentations will also be discussed. A behavioural approach to investigation of feline medical cases will be outlined with advice on how to consider emotional factors when taking a history and how to advise clients so that they can meet their cat’s environmental needs and optimise their emotional health.
Topics to be covered include:
- The link between feline distress and physical disease
- The link between pain and behaviour
- Investigation of behavioural factors in feline medicine case
- Feline environmental needs
- How to advise clients in relation to reduction of feline distress in the home