About the course
ROMS - Register Of Mobility Scorers approved workshop.
Aimed at Vet Tech's and Veterinary Surgeons.
Mobility scoring has become a commonly performed recording tool for dairy farmers supplying Supermarket contracts. It is a very good and effective method of both evaluating the level of lameness and the progress made on farm to either reduce levels of lameness or maintain a low level.
To fulfil supermarket requirements mobility scoring can be done by on-farm staff, however, there is a drive by the dairies to have the scoring done by an independent person. On completion of this course you will be qualified to perform mobility scoring and to be added to the list of NACFT qualified scorers.
- Understand the need for locomotion scoring on farm.
- Understand the potential financial benefits as a result of scoring your herd.
- Recognise the signs and feature of cows if different scores.
- Be able to score cows consistently.
- Understand the method of scoring and when to score cows.