About the course
People who prescribe veterinary medicines or who handle them (or bodily fluids that may contain them or their active metabolites) may not be aware of the potential harmful effects they may have on human reproduction. This module gives up-to-date, evidence-based guidance on which drugs and methods of handling are hazardous; information on the relevant regulations relating to the safe handling of such medicines; and practical guidance on avoiding harm in veterinary practice. By doing this module you will:
- understand the principles of reproductive toxicity;
- understand how data on the harmful effects of medicines are generated;
- be aware of the evidence on reproductive harm in veterinary practice;
- understand what practical measures to take to avoid harm;
- know where to find helpful information on medicines and pregnancy.