About the course
The reproductive ability of rams is crucial to the overall flock performance. Assuming, rather than assessing, the ability of the ram is a common and costly mistake.
The general and detailed clinical examination of rams pre-tupping, at times integrated by semen collection and evaluation, is a cost effective service which sheep farmers are inclined to endorse as ad hoc intervention or as part of regular flock consultancy.
- Best use of rams to improve flock performance
- Elements of reproductive anatomy and physiology
- The ram general and detailed clinical examination (with elements of ultrasonography)
- Semen collection and evaluation
- Advise farmers on the best use of rams to boost flock profitability
- Carry out a general and detailed clinical examination of rams
- Collect semen
- Examine semen motility and morphology