This animal acupressure based course covers knowledge of the Chinese 5 elements, locating and passing acupressure points for emotional and physical health.
The acu-point therapy method involves applying a light touch to specific points on the meridian lines (energy channels) of the body.
‘Chi’ is the name for the flow of energy which circulates through the meridians. This is the energy system by which acupuncture and acupressure therapists aim to rebalance the whole body.
Each meridian is associated with an organ / body function, and the physical and emotional qualities of one of the 5 elements.
Applying touch techniques to the acu-points promotes balance in these energy channels, gently acts on the nervous system, and has been used to calm the sympathetic nervous system (fight / flight).
Certain points can also stimulate the release of neurochemicals called endorphins; the body’s natural pain killers. By blocking pain, endorphins facilitate muscle relaxation, allowing oxygen rich blood flow to the area to promote healing.
Learn Animal Acu-point Therapy
Lucy Yeomans, Acu-pressure therapist, massageand energy body-worker, has a busy practice in Monmouthshire working with riding club and family horses, competition horses, pets and people.
The level 1 course provides students with:
- Background knowledge in acupressure points
- How to find and how to balance acu-points
- How to work on the Bladder meridian association points and the Ting points to facilitate balance in the body’s energy
- The 5 element qualities, and issues / behaviour associated with imbalances
- Practical sessions of assessment of imbalances and application of correction points
The level 2 course provides students with:
- More depth on the 14 meridians
- The best points for specific conditions
- Assessment techniques and plan of actions for using acu-point therapy
- Acu-point information and practical skills to work with any presenting condition
Online study: If you are keen to do on-line study for self development or continued professional training, Tallgrass Animal Acupressure Institute (based in the US) provide online cpd theory courses in: 5-Element Theory, Meridian Theory, Acupoint Classification, Acupoint Energetics, Landmark Anatomy and Health, and Pathology.
These self paced, interactive courses are assessed via quizzes and essay questions, to which feedback is provided by Tallgrass instructors.