About the course
eCPD The basics of rabbit medicine with John Chitty
This is a seven-part video series with John Chitty covering the basics of rabbit medicine.
This series aims to provide the practitioner with the knowledge and tools for a rabbit consultation. Giving a refresher on basic rabbit physiology and husbandry before moving on to initial investigation, safe anaesthesia and formulating appropriate treatment plans. It covers common clinical conditions encountered including dentistry, gut stasis and infectious disease.
Topics covered include:
- Natural history, husbandry/ diet, anatomy/ physiology
- Examination, history, handling, rabbit friendly practice, therapeutics/ fluids, sampling, preventive medicine
- Anaesthesia and hospitalisation
- Neutering and surgical basics
- Diagnosing the painful rabbit
- Dermatology and ectoparasites
CDP Credits: 5.45 hrs
***The cost of this course £45 also includes unlimited access to vet-ecpd.com for 1 full month, allowing you to view hundreds of hours of certified CPD lectures on a huge variety of topics!** Pay Per View Options Available too!