An Introduction to the role of the Veterinary Team in Court
Provided by Improve International Limited
About the course
• Would you know what to expect if you were called to court as a professional witness?
• Are you familiar with the court process?
• Are you confident you could write a report which would stand up to scrutiny in court?
Renowned veterinary surgeons, Peter Jinman OBE and Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and Paul Roger European Specialist in Animal Welfare, Ethics and Law are here to help; with what can be a daunting situation even for the most experienced practice members.
Suitable for all members of the veterinary team
This interactive, engaging course introduces participants in a friendly environment to:
• The preparation and delivery of evidence to put into a legal framework.
• Meaningful data recording in practice
• Report writing for a variety of circumstances eg for insurance companies, for clients or for any matters requiring veterinary input in our court systems including the duties and professional obligations associated with the writing of these reports
You will role play and practise writing reports while learning how to collect, preserve and present evidence and, where appropriate, interpret it for use in the legal context. You will become familiar with the responsibilities and duties linked to the provision of professional reports and the different types of evidence and their application within the civil, criminal and alternative dispute procedures.
By the end of the course participants will understand:
• The basis of civil and criminal court systems
• Methods of alternative dispute resolution
• The importance of gathering and preserving evidence
• How to structure and prepare a report for use in the legal context
• The different duties and roles of witnesses within the court system
• The professional obligations and duties of all parties involved
• How to distinguish between different types of evidence presented in court
A course dinner is planned for the evening of Monday October 30th at Alexandra House to allow for further informal discussion between participants and the speakers. This dinner can be reserved along with your accommodation, if required, directly with Alexandra House, Swindon on 01793 819 000 Payment for the dinner and B&B is due to Alexandra House.