Local anesthesia is an under-used area of small animal practice and can be incorporated into many anesthetic protocols that you will regularly carry out in your practice. The advantages for your patients are huge. This highly practical course will help you to use local anesthetic techniques effectively in your patients. You’ll leave this course with the confidence to perform each technique studied. First, you’ll learn the theory, and then you’ll practice the techniques in hands-on sessions with the direct support of the course tutors.
What you’ll learn:
- The very latest guidelines for pain management
- Local anesthetic techniques for orthopedic, soft tissue and dental procedures that you perform in your practice
- How to use nerve locators for specific techniques
- How to use epidural and spinal anesthesia in your patients
- The opportunity to practice all techniques described
This course is relevant to vets and experienced nurses in first opinion practice as well as those studying for further qualifications in anesthesia.
Matt Gurney BVSc CertVA DipECVAA MRCVS
Carl Bradbrook BVSc CertVA DipECVAA MRCVS