Practical surgery of the Brachycephalic- treating the snorts, snores & smells
Provided by Central CPD
About the course
Practical Surgery of the Brachycephalic- Treating the Snorts, Snores and Smells with Laurent Findji
With the surge in popularity of many brachycephalic breeds, including the French Bulldog- now the most popular breed in the UK, we are increasingly being asked to treat the often challenging conditions and abnormalities that these dogs unfortunately frequently suffer from.
This two-day cadaver-based course will cover the pre-surgical assessment of brachycephalic patients, before concentrating on how to perform BOAS corrective surgeries and related procedures in general practice that can provide clinical improvements to most of these patients.
Topics to be covered include;
- BOAS corrective surgeries- aplasty, palatoplasty, larygeal sacculectomy, rhinoplasty
- Laryngeal surgery- including arytenoid lateralisation
- Tracheal surgery- temporary tracheostomy, permanent tracheostomy, tracheal resections
- GI Tract surgery- hiatal hernia repair
- Ear surgery- ventral bulla ostectomy and total ear ablation
- Skin fold resection
- Post-operative considerations and emergency interventions in recovery period
204a Manor Place,
London. SE17 3BN