About the course
Want to know more about Cushing’s, diabetes and hyperthyroidism? Then this is the CPD course for you! Hormone (endocrine) diseases are common in small animal practice and teamwork is essential for the best outcomes. As a nurse you play a central role in managing these interesting illnesses. Who is it that owners usually look to for advice about their pets? You – of course! Why is my dog so thirsty? Why is my cat getting thinner yet she doesn’t stop eating? The answer often lies in an endocrine disease. Why does the vet want to do an ACTH response test? What is a blood glucose curve? The answers to these questions, and more, will be revealed.
What you’ll learn:
- Pathophysiology – what goes wrong in the body to cause these diseases?
- Clinical signs – what do owners Notice?
- Diagnosis – what are the best tests?
- Management – how can you help owners to help their pets?
- Diet – is this important?
- Monitoring – what to look out for!
Course Tutor: Grant Petrie MA VetMB CertSAC CertSAM MRCVS