This workshop is aimed at HR professionals and those involved in people management in business. It is ideal for those who need to understand the key areas of employment law governing the management of their people and reduce the risk of tribunal claims. It will include the latest EU political changes to employment law and their impact on commercial organisations as well as exploring key changes to the employment tribunal fee regime.
Delegates will be given the opportunity to share their own experiences and have their questions answered.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Creating the employment relationship
- Benefits of effective people management
- Managing discipline for effective people management
- Avoiding unfair dismissal - ending the employment relationship properly and fairly
- Managing sickness absence-- the pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Disciplinary policies and procedure
- Deciding on and implementing disciplinary action
- Avoiding discrimination - diversity, discrimination legislation and tackling bullying and harassment
- Managing Tricky Issues
- Practical sessions and putting it into practice