About the course
The second day of the course will familiarise ourselves with approaches to the tibia, radius and ulna and femur before referring to a practical workbook to practice the application of compression plates in simple transverse fractures and plate rod in comminued fractures.
We have designed this course to be highly practical spending most of the day in the lab.
• Understanding the regional anatomy of, and applying it to, the
surgical approaches of long bones
• Understanding the biomechanics of implant systems used in the
treatment of fractures of the humerus and radius and ulna
• Decision making in the selection of implant systems
• Treating complications associated with forelimb and hind limb fracture
• Practical application of compression plates
Speakers: Duncan Midgley BVMS CertSAO MRCVS & Kinley Smith MA VETMB PHD CERTSAS DIPECVS MRCVS