About the course
This course is designed to build confidence in orthopaedics. In the morning session we will look at the diagnosis and treatment of common orthopaedic injuries that occur in day-to-day practice.
The main focus will be on fracture planning and methods of repair; these will encompass internal fixation methods including cerclage wire and tension bands, lag screw, I/M pin, plating and combinations of these.
• Familiarisation with standard nomenclature of implant systems
• Understanding the biomechanics of basic fractures
• Understanding the mechanics of implant systems
• Logical approach to patient management and assessment
• Familiarisation of the regional anatomy of the long bones
• Application of implant systems
Speakers: Duncan Midgley BVMS CertSAO MRCVS & Kinley Smith MA VETMB PHD CERTSAS DIPECVS MRCVS